In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) and its regulations, this policy is issued to all our valued clients and/or prospective clients. This policy is implemented and served to inform you of your rights with regards to your personal data that will be and/or has been collected and processed by us and the mechanism we adopt in processing your data.
The use of the services on our www.megafooddairy.com website, such as filling in the contact forms made available at the website, requires you to provide us with certain personal data. By providing us with your personal information, you are deemed to have given us your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information, where necessary, under the terms of this policy and any relevant privacy and data protection under the Act.
1. DATA CONTROLLER
1.1. Contact information
We, SCC Marketing (M) Sdn Bhd is a data controller and we endeavor to process your personal data accordance with the Act.
The contact details of SCC Marketing (M) Sdn Bhd are as follows:
- Correspondence Address: No. 6&8, Jalan TPP 5/8, Taman Perindustrian Puchong, 47100 Puchong, Selangor
- Email Address: email@example.com
2. WHICH DATA ARE COLLECTED
In order to serve you better, your data will be used by us to personalise the preferences of different customers so as to enable us to improve our service and to ensure the quality of our products and services and in our contact and interaction with you. The data we use include automatically-collected data and user-provided data.
2.1. Automatically collected data
Our digital solutions are based on various technologies with the purpose of ensuring user-friendliness and security. These technologies automatically collect data to provide the best possible solution, either directly by us or by a third party on our behalf. Example of this is the analysis of clickstream data and setting of cookies which enables our site to remember and recognise you for your next visit.
All visits to a digital solution result in the data being sent from your browser to a server. It is done through analysis of such data that we optimize the digital solutions. Data may be collected for the purpose of system administration and internal marketing related analyses. Such data constitute statistical information about the users’ behaviour in the digital solutions. Examples of data collected and analysed are:
- Date and time of visit
- The pages visited in the solution
- The IP address of the visitor
- The gender and age range of the visitors
- The geographical location and country based of the visitors
- Information about the browser and the device used (type, version, operating system etc.),
- URL of referring site (the site from which the visitor has been directed to our solution).
2.2. Data provided by you
In addition to the automatically-collected data, we also process data actively provided to us by users.
Examples of data actively provided by users:
- Use of contact forms on our website or through comments/messages on social platforms like Facebook or Instagram – the contact form/details via social profiles will be sent to us including personal contact information. This enables us to handle any enquiries that we receive.
- Data shared with us via social media – where authentication is required such as like response to participations in our activities on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, etc
3. USE AND STORAGE OF COLLECTED DATA
3.1. Purpose of collection
Below are some of the examples for the use of the collected data:
- Ensuring user friendliness and security
- Statistical analysis for optimization of our digital solutions
- Rendering support to customer queries
- Marketing initiatives
The data are stored for the period in which it is allowed under the Act, and we will remove them from time to time when it is no longer needed. The period depends on the nature of the data and the reason for storage.
3.3. Disclosure of data
The personal data provided to us will generally be kept confidential but by your provision of such personal data, you agree and acknowledge that we may disclose your personal data to the following parties, as we deem fit, for the purposes set out above:
- business partners, as we may determine to be necessary and appropriate;
- third party service providers who perform business operations or send communications on our behalf;
- government agencies, statutory bodies and industry regulators;
- our auditors, consultants, accountants, insurers, lawyers and/or other advisers; and
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under the law or in response to the orders of a competent regulatory, statutory or government authority or pursuant to legal proceedings or purposes of national security, law enforcement or public importance.
We have put in place technical and organizational measures to prevent your data from being removed accidentally or illegally, published, lost, impaired or brought to the knowledge of unauthorized third parties, misused or otherwise processed contrary to legislation, this includes encryption software and struct security standards. However, while we strive to protect your personal data, we do not guarantee unauthorized access to such data.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
5.1. In general
If you wish to gain access to your data, have them corrected or removed or to object to our data processing, we will check whether it is possible and reply to your request as quickly as possible.
5.2. You have a right to access your personal data
You have a right to be told at any time which data we are processing about you, where they come from and what we use them for.
We can grant you the access to the data that we are processing about you upon your written request. However, the access will be limited to protect the privacy of other persons, business secrets and intellectual property rights.
5.3. You have a right to do correction with SCC Marketing (M) Sdn Bhd
You may request access to, or correction of the personal data held by us by writing to Head of Marketing – No. 6&8, Jalan TPP 5/8, Taman Perindustrian Puchong, 47100 Puchong, Selangor. All requests shall be made in good faith and for the following purposes:
- Checking whether we hold or use personal data and seeking access to such data;
- Correction of inaccurate, incomplete or outdated personal data
We may review and update this Personal Data and Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect the changes in the law, changes in our business practices, procedures and structure, and the industry and community’s changing privacy expectations. The latest version of our Personal Data and Privacy Notice will be made available at www.megafooddairy.com.